June 27, 2005
My Powerbook's battery slowly lost capacity and began shutting down suddenly. Wasn't quite sure if it was the battery or something else breaking down, but decided to try fixing the battery. A fellow documented the procedure at Replace Powerbook G3 Battery Cells. I found a slightly cheaper source of the cells at E-lectronics.net and went to work. Flux works wonders at making things easy to solder. Even still it took lots of tweaking to get the cells to fit back in. Eventually with some resoldering and plastic trimming I got it all back in and glued it shut. Capacity is now above the shipping capacity. Turns out just one of the nine cells was bad in the original.
Post A Comment
Created By: Steven Nikkel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This webpage and others materials are Copyright © 1997-2016 Steven Nikkel, All Rights Reserved