- What is the best Airport Card revision to get?
- If you have a slot-loading iMac that requires the AirPort Card Adapter, get a revision A, B or C.
- Otherwise it doesn't really matter.
- If there is no other difference, get the newer revisions. They come with newer software and firmware and who knows, they might have changed something we don't know about.
- AirPort Software 2.x (and newer?) upgrades all AirPort cards to 128-bit WEP encryption
- AirPort Software is available as a free download
|M7600LL/A||AirPort 1.0 software, AirPort Card Adapter|
|M7600LL/B||AirPort 1.1 software, AirPort Card Adapter|
|M7600LL/C||AirPort ? software, AirPort Card Adapter, 128-bit WEP encryption|
|M7600LL/D||AirPort 2.0.2 software, 128-bit WEP encryption|
|M7600LL/E||AirPort 3.0 software, 128-bit WEP encryption|
Related Reading Material
- How to wire Ethernet Cables
- Get IEEE 802 - Ethernet Standards
- Charles Spurgeon's Ethernet Website
- Network Connection Speeds Reference
- Fiber Optic Connector Reference
- Ethernet: The Definitive Guide
- Interconnections: Bridges, Routers, Switches, and Internetworking Protocols
- The Switch Book: The Complete Guide to LAN Switching Technology
- TCP/IP Illustrated 3 Volume Set
- UNIX Network Programming